The global objective of this call for proposals is (i) to strengthen capacities of non-state actors and local authorities in Ukraine to ensure the delivery of administrative services in a fair, efficient and transparent manner and (ii) to promote the involvement of civil society in policy dialogue and reform process in Ukraine.
The total budget of the call for proposals is €2 950 000 split into three lots: Lot 1 - €2 000 000 financed from the Neighbourhood Civil Society Facility; Lot 2 - €600 000 financed from the non-state actors component of the Non-State Actors and Local Authorities programme; and Lot 3 - €350 000 financed from the local authorities component of the Non-State Actors and Local Authorities programme. Each lot has its own specific objectives and requirements. Individual grants are expected to range from EUR 80 000 to EUR 300 000 with the duration between 24 and 36 months, depending on the lot.
The specific objective for Lot 1 of the call for proposals are:
- to increase the organisational, technical, advocacy and analytical capacity of civil society organisations to promote the effectiveness of policy dialogue in Ukraine between civil society organizations and the Ukrainian executive bodies;
- to support the development of young civil society organisations active in the area of delivery of administrative services to the population in various sectors;
- to contribute to the work programme of the Eastern Partnership Platform 1 "Democracy, Good Governance and Stability", especially public administration reform;
- to support the transfer of skills and experiences between civil society organisations in different countries in modernising the delivery of administrative services.
The specific objectivesfor Lots 2 and 3 of the call for proposals are:
- to support civil society organisations and local authorities in finding innovative solutions to deliver administrative services to the population and/or disseminating best practices in the country;
- to support civil society organisations in assisting the population to obtain administrative services from local authorities and/or state organs at local level; to provide direct legal and practical advice to the population to obtain administrative services;
- to assist the Ukrainian public administration and civil society organisations to follow the Open Government Partnership agenda, to monitor the implementation of public administrative reform and anti-corruption policy in Ukraine.
The deadline for the submission of concept notes in English is 15 May 2012
Detailed information about this call for proposals and application procedures are described in the Guidelines for applicants, available, along with other relevant documents, here.
If you need partners for project preparation, the NGO “Agency of European Innovations” is ready to consider the proposal for cooperation within this call.